WPServeur was one of the first managed WordPress hosting companies in France. They can be attributed to helping pave the way for WordPress in the French market and are very active in the community.
With that being said, there are some significant differences between how WPServeur and Kinsta’s premium infrastructure is built and operates, especially when it comes to developer-friendly features.
We regularly encounter WPServeur clients coming to us because they need a host that offers 24/7/365 support. WPServeur only provides limited support on the weekends and within certain windows during the week.
For a premium host, this isn’t acceptable. Your website should always be mission-critical, not when it’s already gone down. Their lack of critical tools, such as SSH and WP-CLI, also put massive restrictions on developers’ workflows, productivity, and automation.
People ask us how we’re different from WPServeur, and that’s the question we’ll answer here. Below, we’ll dive into how Kinsta is not your typical WordPress host and the benefits we offer.
How Kinsta Compares to WPServeur Hosting in a Nutshell
Before we take a deep dive into the specifics of Kinsta vs WPServeur, let’s first look at a brief breakdown of the key differences.
Kinsta is the first host to be powered exclusively by the Google Cloud Platform. Google’s premium-tier network positions us to maximize the speed, security, and performance of each site hosted with us.
We are also proud to be the highest-rated managed WordPress host on G2, the world’s leading software review and comparison site:
Enjoy a 20% Faster Website Simply by Moving From WPServeur to Kinsta
We measured 3,200+ migrations over the course of a three-month span. On average, client sites experienced 20% faster load times just by moving to Kinsta.
How is this possible? Our customers enjoy:
- The fastest Compute-Optimized C2 VMs and Google Cloud servers
- A stack that’s been fine-tuned for WordPress over the past 8 years
- Google’s Premium Tier Network to deliver website data faster
- Free CDN powered by Cloudflare’s global network of 275+ locations
- Built-in Edge Caching that cuts the time needed to serve cached WordPress HTML by an average of more than 50%!
Migrate from WPServeur to Kinsta hassle free with our free expert migration service. With our 30-day money-back guarantee, you can test out the service and improved speeds completely risk-free. You only lose if you don’t give this a try!
With Kinsta, you can get a hassle-free all-in-one hosting solution backed by Google’s superior premium network. This will free you up to focus on other areas of business and prevent mistakes that could cost you big.
Some additional benefits you get by choosing Kinsta over WPServeur include:
- Kinsta is a leading managed WordPress hosting provider that offers all-in-one solutions for running and managing your WordPress website.
- Kinsta’s feature-packed, ready-made platform is both developer- and beginner-friendly.
- Kinsta uses Google Cloud’s premium global tier network and Google’s latest generation Compute-Optimized VMs (C2), which are the most expensive and fastest machines available.
- Kinsta’s affordable plans include everything needed to maximize site speed, performance, and security.
- Kinsta has 35 data centers across the globe.
- All of our plans include a free Content Delivery Network (CDN) and free premium DNS.
- Kinsta support, composed of WordPress experts and engineers, is available 24/7 for every customer, regardless of your plan.
- Kinsta offers free Cloudflare SSL certificates with wildcard support.
- All Kinsta plans come with our custom-built, WordPress-specific MyKinsta dashboard with one-click WordPress installation, access to WP-CLI, SSH, and Git, support for Nginx reverse proxy, as well as the Redis add-on.
- We offer six types of backups: free automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system generated, downloadable, and backups sent automatically to your Amazon S3 or Google Cloud storage.
- At Kinsta, we perform weekly automatic MySQL database optimization on all your sites to ensure better performance.
- Staging environments are available on all Kinsta plans, as well as premium staging environment options.
- Kinsta plans include everything you need to harden and secure your site and server, including a premium DNS, daily 720x uptime monitoring, IP Geolocation, hardware firewalls, and Cloudflare Firewall.
- Kinsta offers simple, straightforward hosting plans and packages, which can be easily integrated with add-on solutions.
- Kinsta has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Kinsta’s platform is optimized for WooCommerce.
- Kinsta has a very attractive affiliate program with recurring commissions.
- Kinsta offers a free 100% hack-fix guarantee.
Kinsta is Built for Performance and Scalability
Kinsta’s unique, powerful hosting solution doesn’t fit into any of the categories of traditional hosting, such as shared, VPS, or dedicated plans. Our infrastructure was custom-built to deliver unparalleled performance and support.
The raw cost of building your own hosting environment and configuring your applications is cheaper.
Our scalable infrastructure is ready to handle your sudden surges in traffic and load. With our isolated software container technology, hardware resources are allocated to each site container automatically by our virtual machines on an as-needed basis.
The result is a hosting configuration that is secure and private by design while simultaneously allowing server resources to scale up or down as needed based on the demands of the site.
At WPServeur, they don’t use container technology. They claim to use a hybrid system (between shared and VPS), but if PHP crashing takes down the whole server, then in reality, it’s shared hosting.
The only way to scale is to upgrade your plan. So if your site gets a sudden peak of traffic, it could buckle under the load. The big risk is that this could then impact others on the same server.
If you need something with better performance at WPServeur, they do offer dedicated servers. These start at a little over 950€/month. At Kinsta, once you reach our Enterprise tier, at $675/month, we have some flexibility to work with you and create a customized plan if needed.
Every site is different, and some are simply horribly optimized for large spikes in traffic. That’s why we also offer a high-performance dedicated server solution that’s specifically designed to address massive traffic events that you know are going to happen.
Starting at just $35 per month, Kinsta plans include all of these technical elements and more. We also provide unmatched site performance. This is because we only use the latest and fastest technologies for our tech stack.
For example, in addition to Google Cloud Platform’s world-class architecture, we also use isolated container technology. For every site hosted here, we use LXD-managed hosts and LXC software containers. This means that every site has its own isolated container equipped with all the necessary resources, including MySQL, PHP, Linux, and Nginx.
Kinsta’s scalable cloud infrastructure also enables you to upgrade or downgrade with ease. We have custom-compiled Linux packages and Nginx rulesets to maximize the performance of your WordPress sites, as well as more than 30 different software packages and PHP extensions.
In addition, configuration is never a concern. You can launch a new WordPress site quickly and easily directly from your MyKinsta dashboard and choose from any of our 35 global data centers.
Another benefit of using Kinsta is our unique caching system that helps to optimize speed and performance.
As part of our Cloudflare integration, Edge Caching saves your Kinsta site/page cache to any of Cloudflare’s global network of 275+ data centers.
Edge Caching is included free with all Kinsta plans, doesn’t require a separate plugin, and cuts the time needed to serve cached WordPress HTML by an average of more than 50%.
We also use compute-optimized C2 Google Cloud machines that enable our customers to see significant improvements in average response times:
In fact, depending on the type of site you’re running, switching to Kinsta could result in an immediate speed improvement of between 20% and 300%:
I am pleasantly surprised at the ease and speed of setting up WordPress with Kinsta. I love the staging environment and the deployment to production!
Kinsta managed WordPress hosting streamlines all aspects of server and site management. Our experienced technicians handle everything for you. In the long run, this can save you a lot of time and money.
Expert Support for WordPress
There are many different problems that can lead to performance issues with your WordPress site. If your site were to suddenly slow or break, would you know how to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve the issue?
However, with Kinsta as your managed WordPress host, this wouldn’t be a concern. Our superior support team can save you time that might otherwise be spent researching the internet for answers or attempting to troubleshoot the issue on your own, only to make matters worse.
At Kinsta, we treat every customer as a mission-critical priority, regardless of their plan. We offer 24/7 premium support for every plan, and our WordPress experts and engineers are always ready to provide quick, concise answers to your questions and concerns.
We also offer multilingual support, with resources that are available in over 10 languages. In addition to being knowledgeable, our support team is also quick and convenient. In fact, we have an initial ticket response time of under two minutes!
We use the Intercom customer messaging platform, so all communications are logged. This means you won’t ever need to repeat yourself to multiple support agents.
If you have problematic high traffic sites like us, you’ll love their migration service — they took care of everything and even identified some problem plugins that had been installed by former members of our team. I would have spent hours on the migration due to the size without their help.
MyKinsta: A Custom-Built Dashboard for Powerful Site Management
When you sign up for a WPServeur account, you’ll have access to a basic portal with your account information, resources, etc. However, you won’t get a dashboard that is specifically optimized for WordPress site management as you do with Kinsta.
At Kinsta, our mission is to make managing your WordPress site as simple as possible. This is why we custom-built our own user portal, MyKinsta:
Let’s take a look at some of the powerful features that make our MyKinsta dashboard so useful:
- One-click staging environments, and an option to restore backups to production or staging.
- Quick phpMyAdmin access.
- Premium Amazon Route 53 DNS, to manage your DNS records directly in the dashboard.
- Detailed analytics and insights such as bandwidth and visitor data, CDN usage and insights, performance analysis data, and cache HIT and MISS ratio.
- Free, one-click CDN setup.
- A WordPress debugging tool.
- A search and replace tool to perform bulk updates with ease.
- One-click PHP version switching, as well as the option to restart PHP when needed.
- Automatic MySQL database optimizations.
- A dashboard tool to purge the site cache.
- Easy way to create on-demand backups
- A one-click ionCube enabler.
- Free Cloudflare SSL certificates with wildcard support, and the option to import your own.
- Simple password protection for your environment, with the option to add your SSH keys to the dashboard to strengthen security.
- A multilingual dashboard that’s available in 10 languages: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, and Dutch.
Kinsta has allowed us to offer a bulletproof service to our top tier clients and keep them happy. Especially those who have traffic spikes with sudden server demand.
At Kinsta, we value our client’s feedback. We look for opportunities to improve and regularly incorporate the requests and feedback we receive to enhance our offerings. We’re always innovating and exploring new ways to make your website and hosting experience better!
Kinsta Is Developer-Friendly
Many of us at Kinsta are developers ourselves, that’s why from day one we’ve built our tools and dashboard with WordPress developers in mind. We provide the following features and accessibility to make your workflow more efficient, not all of which are available at WPServeur:
- One-click staging environments for all plans.
- Git, WP-CLI, and SSH access included, regardless of your plan.
- Six different types of backups available: automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system generated, downloadable, and automatic external backups sent to your Amazon S3 or Google Cloud storage.
- A Redis add-on for quicker database performance.
- The option to load your site over reverse proxy.
- Unrestricted access to your site’s critical files.
- The ability to use custom setups such as Bedrock and Trellis.
- An option to run a different version of PHP for each live and staging site, and the ability to switch your PHP version with one click.
- Default enabled post and page revisions.
- The ability to restore backups to staging as well as production. Kinsta offers a one-click backup restoration feature directly in the MyKinsta dashboard. We also don’t include backups as part of your total disk space usage.
In addition to one-click staging and the ability to push changes live with a single click, we also offer free Cloudflare SSLs with wildcard support on every plan.
Safe and Secure
With Kinsta as your managed WordPress host, this is never an issue. We take both active and passive measures to safeguard every site hosted on our platform, including:
- Monitoring your sites every two minutes for uptime, 720 times a day
- Implementing strict software-based restrictions
- Responding to DDoS attacks as they happen with our free DDoS protection, and stopping malicious code from entering our network.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) support
- A secure firewall powered by Cloudflare
- Automated backups for all plans
- Isolated LXC containers
- Strict software-based restrictions
- Self-healing PHP
- Only support for encrypted SFTP and SSH connections (no FTP)
Kinsta provides premium uptime monitoring for all of your WordPress sites via our in-house developed monitoring system. The status of the sites hosted on our platform are checked every two minutes, meaning up to 720 times a day.
All sites on Kinsta are also automatically protected by Cloudflare’s firewall, which includes free DDoS protection. With our Cloudflare integration, you’ll get the benefits of enhanced security and performance without having to configure your own Cloudflare account.
In the rare event that something were to happen to your site, we would contact you ASAP. We also offer a free 100% hack-fix guarantee, meaning that we would fix the problem with no extra charge to you.
Free Performance Monitoring Tool
WordPress is a dynamic CMS, which means it’s constantly executing PHP code in the background. Depending on your theme and plugin configuration, it’s possible for your site to get bogged down with bloated and inefficient code.
That’s where APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools can help. An APM monitors requests to your site, and tracks various metrics like external API requests, database queries, PHP execution time, and more. This information allows you to quickly debug and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
All Kinsta plans come with a free custom-built APM tool that can be easily accessed right in the MyKinsta dashboard. Kinsta APM provides you with key WordPress performance insights without the need for expensive third-party subscriptions to other APM services.
With Kinsta APM, you can debug the following and more:
- Slow WordPress plugins and themes.
- Long calls to external APIs and domains.
- Unoptimized MySQL database queries.
With Kinsta APM, you get a custom-built performance monitoring tool specifically built for WordPress – for free.
Kinsta Has a Global Presence
Kinsta has a global presence, with 35 data centers (and counting) spanning five continents. Our massive footprint makes it easy for you to pick a different data center for each of your websites. Plus, there are no extra fees or hidden charges!
Our data center locations include:
- Changhua County, Taiwan
- Hong Kong
- Tokyo, Japan
- Osaka, Japan
- Seoul, South Korea
- Mumbai, India
- Delhi, India
- Jurong West, Singapore
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Sydney, Australia
- Melbourne, Australia
- Warsaw, Poland
- Hamina, Finland
- Madrid, Spain
- St. Ghislain, Belgium
- London, United Kingdom
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Eemshaven, Netherlands
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Montréal, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Santiago, Chile
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Dallas, Texas, USA
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
WPServeur offers only one data center in France.
Free WordPress Migrations
If you’re interested in moving your site to managed WordPress hosting, we’re now offering unlimited free migrations from WPServeur!
Whether you want to move one site or 100, our hassle-free migrations make doing so quick and easy. Our experts handle the entire migration process for you, so you won’t have to deal with any complex technology or risk losing critical data.
To get started, simply complete our site migration request form, and a member of our team will reach out to schedule the best time for the migration. Then you can track the migration status directly from your MyKinsta dashboard.
Optimized for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads
When you’re running an ecommerce business, it’s essential that you have a host capable of handling the particularly challenging and complicated demands associated with that kind of website. This is why our Kinsta platform is optimized for online stores.
Our solution is configured to work out of the box for WordPress, WooCommerce, and Easy Digital Download sites. We take care of caching for you at the server level to deliver fast page loading times. To further optimize the speed and performance of your online store, we offer automatic purging of cache and archive pages, as well as:
- Excluding ‘My Account’, checkout, cart, and other pages that shouldn’t be cached.
- Automatically bypassing the cache for users when “woocommerce_items_in_cart” or “edit_items_in_cart” are detected, to ensure a smooth and seamless checkout process.
- Putting specific rules in place to allow EDD and WooCommerce functionality during server-level page caching.
Turbocharging Your Content Delivery with Kinsta CDN
All Kinsta plans include a free premium Content Delivery Network (CDN), which you can easily enable through the MyKinsta dashboard. Unlike WPServeur, all of our plans include free bandwidth.
KinstaCDN is a premium HTTP/3-enabled CDN. With our content delivery architecture, which is built specifically for high throughput and low latency.
As part of our Cloudflare integration, our built-in Edge Caching saves your Kinsta site/page cache to any of Cloudflare’s global network of 275+ data centers.
When site visitors load your website in their browser, cached responses will be delivered from the location closest to them. Edge Caching is included free with all Kinsta plans and doesn’t require a separate plugin.
Feature Comparison Overview
Now that we’ve made it this far, let’s take a look at some of the biggest differences between Kinsta vs WPServeur:
|Pricing||Plans start at $35/month||Plans start at 21.5€/month|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days on all plans||7 days on all plans|
|Premium 24×7 Support||All plans||10 am CET to 9 pm CET|
|Core Infrastructure||Same across all plans (GCP)||Same across all platforms|
|Global Data Centers||35 locations||1 (France)|
|Bandwidth Limits||No limits (within AUP)||X|
|Free Migrations||All plans||X|
|One-Click Backup and Restore||All plans||Paid add-on|
|PHP Versions||PHP 8.0, 8.1||8.0|
|Switch PHP Engine||One-click change in dashboard||X|
|Free CDN||34 (all regions)||X|
|Built-in Edge Caching||All plans||Not specified|
|Free APM Tool||Kinsta APM||Not specified|
|Premium DNS||Amazon Route 53||X|
|Free SSL Certificates||All plans||X|
|Free DDoS Protection||✓||X|
|Uptime Monitoring||All plans||X|
|Resource Limits||Only limited by PHP workers||Not specified|
|Multisite Support||Pro plans and higher||Agency Plan|
|Reverse Proxy Support||✓||X|
|Redis Add-on||✓||Premium add-on|
|New Relic (license required)||✓||X|
|Multilingual Dashboard||English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, French, Swedish, Danish, Japan||French and English|
Develop Locally with DevKinsta
For developers and agencies, Kinsta offers a simple to use (but powerful) local development tool called DevKinsta. With DevKinsta, you can launch WordPress sites with a full hosting stack and SSL support on your local computer with just a few clicks.
DevKinsta is fully integrated with MyKinsta and Kinsta’s hosting platform, which means you can develop locally and push updates directly to a staging environment on Kinsta! WPServeur doesn’t have an integration with a local WordPress development tool, which means there is no way to clone and push WordPress sites for WPServeur customers. If you’re a busy freelance or agency developer, DevKinsta’s advanced features and MyKinsta integration can be a huge time saver.
Best Affiliate Program in the Industry
Kinsta always goes above and beyond to exceed our clients’ expectations, which is one of the reasons many of our happy customers are often eager to help spread the word about our WordPress hosting solutions. This has helped position us to become one of the fastest-growing hosts in the industry.
This is also why we’re proud to offer an affiliate program, one of the highest paying in the industry, that provides the opportunity for true profit sharing as well as an effective way to earn a passive income!
As a Kinsta affiliate partner, you can earn as much as $500 (depending on the plan) for every signup referred to us. In addition, for the lifetime of the customers referred, you’ll receive a 10% monthly recurring commission.
Another benefit of our affiliate program is that we use a custom-built dashboard so you won’t ever have to deal with confusing third-party platforms. Everything is accessible and straightforward.
WPServeur also has an affiliate program. They offer 20% of a customer’s first monthly payment and a recurring 10% for the lifetime of the customer. This is managed through a popular WordPress affiliate plugin they use on their website.
Join Others Making the Switch to Kinsta
At Kinsta, our mission is to offer the fastest, latest technology possible. We’re always evolving and adapting to use the most innovative solutions available. When you check out our many feature updates, you’ll see that no other hosting provider releases the amount of new features, tools, and integrations at the same rate and frequency.
We are proud of our solutions and want you to be completely satisfied with your hosting. This is why, unlike WPServeur, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re ready to make the move away from WPServeur and switch to a new managed hosting provider, try out Kinsta risk-free for 30 days!